Pre-apprenticeship courses and traineeships
CCCT’s pre-apprenticeship courses and traineeships can unlock your potential and enhance your employability, including IT skills and interview techniques.
Pre-apprenticeships offer a route into an apprenticeship, work or further education for young people aged 16 to 24 years. The training includes maths, English, employability and work preparation topics as well as a high-quality work placement. It can prepare you for your ideal apprenticeship or job by helping to bridge your skills and academic qualifications to suit a particular industry sector.
The training lasts between 7 weeks and 6 months and consists of:
- pre-employment training, including any qualifications needed for the workplace
- a work placement (minimum of 100 hours) and an exit interview
- maths and English development (if a GCSE Grade C or equivalent hasn’t already been achieved)
Traineeships focus on maths, English, work experience in preparation for a job or an apprenticeship. Traineeships include a first-rate work placement, plus support to help you progress to further education, an apprenticeship or a job.
These training programmes are ideal if you:
- are eligible to work in England
- are unemployed with little or no work experience
- need to brush up on maths and English to meet your employer’s requirements
- need to gain specific qualifications before being eligible for an apprenticeship
- are aged 16 to 24 and 3 to 6 months away from finding work, starting an apprenticeship or returning to study.
Find out more about training for work