Centre for Applied Sciences
Welcome to the Centre for Applied Sciences
The Centre for Applied Sciences attracts experts from science-based professions who train to become educators. Our forensic courses are delivered by former crime scene examiners and DNA analysts and our eyewear, eyecare and sports tutors have an abundance of industry experience. Students learn how to apply knowledge in a professional situation, preparing for progression directly into employment or higher education.
Based in the heart of Angel Islington, the Centre offers the facilities, learning environment and teaching excellence that will help learners achieve their ambitions in a range of in-demand scientific fields. Courses on offer range from foundation learning to foundation degrees and lead to professions which require specialist scientific knowledge such as forensics, optics, medicine, nursing, sports and fitness training, pharmacy and physiotherapy. The centre recently benefited from an investment of £2 million in superb engineering and sport science facilities.
- fully-equipped studios for photography, textiles, computer graphics and multimedia
- first class sport science and engineering facilities
- state-of-the-art laboratories, including a sports science lab, a forensics lab and a Centre of Excellence for Applied Optics
- replica crime scenes for forensics students helping you gain ideal practical experience
- high specification computers, engineering software and modern workshops
- new gym and sport science facilities
- modern laboratories to help learners prepare for university and employment
- Animal Management department which has a range of species from turtles and snakes to chinchillas, providing practical experience to work in the industry.
How to find us
The Angel, 311-321 Goswell Road, EC1V 7DD