The purpose of this qualification is to allow you to demonstrate an understanding of data protection and data security. It will help you progress to a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required.
Data protection compliance is an essential legal requirement for all organisations. Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018, it is more vital than ever that anyone who works with personal data understands the laws and acts in compliance. Failure to process personal or sensitive data securely and lawfully can lead to severe penalties. Making sure that your employees are acting compliantly, and handling data correctly is essential in any sector.
You can enrol on our FREE distance learning courses from the comfort of your own home, with all workbooks and assessments available online with the help of your tutor who will be assigned to support you throughout your training. All you’ll need is a computer (laptop or PC, Windows, or Mac), tablet and access to the internet.
Awarding body: NCFE/CACHE
Duration of course: 2-3 Months
Guided learning hours: 110
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 – Current data protection legislation
• Unit 02 – Understand organisational procedures concerning data
• Unit 03 – Understand threats to ICT systems and data
• Unit 04 – Understand the consequences of not protecting data
To enrol with us you must live in London or a non-devolved area of England and
· Be aged 19 or over
· Be able to provide a British or Irish Passport with three years’ residency in the EU/EEA or
· Have a European Union Settlement Scheme residence (EUSS) with three years’ residency in the EU/EEA and UK and have lived in the UK prior to 31 December 2020 or
· Have a biometric residence card permitting study in the UK along with having lived in the UK for the at least the last three years and
· Be able to provide current proof of JSA, IS, UC or ESA or proof of salary
Register interest and BOOK NOW
• You will be contacted and asked to complete a short English assessment and enrolment, on-line or at the College
• If you have any further questions, or are unsure if you meet any of the eligibility criteria for a free course, please contact the Distance Learning Team: email@example.com - 0207 931 6903
FREE – If you meet the eligibility criteria
The qualification can support progression to further sector-specific training and qualifications for the following types of roles:
• Business, Administration and Law
• Information and Communication Technology