About the Course
This course combines employability skills to help prepare you for Business and Administration Apprenticeship roles with underpinning knowledge in business administration to support your applications for these roles. At the end of the programme you will have an interview for a current vacancy and receive guidance as to your next steps
What Will I Study?
The Level 1 Award in Employability skills will be delivered in class:
- Understanding mindset – the qualities expected in the job roles and how you meet the requirements
- CV writing – update your CV for the roles you are interested in
- Interview Skills – practice effective interview preparation techniques with feedback
- Business and Customer Awareness – research the businesses you are interested for improved background information
The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units and 2 optional units:
- • Unit 01 – Principles of Providing Administrative Services
- • Unit 02 – Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- • Unit 03 – Understanding Communication in a Business Environment
- • Unit 04 – Understanding Employer Organisations
- • Unit 05 – Understanding How to Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- • Unit 06 – Understand how to store, retrieve and archive information
- • Unit 07 – Understand customer service
What Will I Need?
This programme is for people who are aged 19+ and have been living in the UK/EU for the last three years. (there are some exceptions to this, so please ask if you do not meet the criteria below)
- Proof of residency: Valid Passport or a UK Birth Certificate or a EU ID Card or Visa or Residence Permit
- If you are in the UK with a Visa or Residence Permit you may be asked to provide additional documents.
- If you have an EU passport, please provide the document that shows you have been awarded 'pre-settled' or 'settled status' since leaving the EU. Further information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status. Unfortunately driving licenses are not accepted.
- If you are a dependent on someone please provide the Passport of the person you are dependent upon and the document that links that person to you i.e. Marriage certificate (if married) or Birth Certificate (if parent / child).
- Three year's proof of residency,
- One document from each year dating back 3 years.
- Proof of income.
- If you are employed and earning less than £21,547.50, please bring your last three payslips or a tax return if self-employed or predicted tax return for the next financial year.
- If you are unemployed, please be prepared to show evidence of benefits you may be receiving such as Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Universal Credit etc.
Some apprenticeship vacancies require you to have achieved Grade 4-9 or Grade C or above in English or Maths, or Functional skills Level 2. You will need Level 1 English and maths skills for a place on this course and will have an assessment before starting the course. You will be invited to attend an information and assessment and enrolment session before the course.
You will carry out a BKSB assessment in English and maths at the IAG event.
During the course, you will complete workbooks and practical activities as well as underpinning knowledge questions.
FREE – If you meet the eligibility criteria
What Can I Do After?
You will be supported to apply for current apprenticeship vacancies, or similar roles in administration.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.